Re: Testsuite custom environment

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 06:47:57PM +0300, Stephen Biggs wrote:
> I am trying to run 'make check-gcc' and wish to define my own set of
> TORTURE_OPTIONS (specifically to do only "-O0").  I have tried different
> things and nothing seems to work.  E.g.:
> $ export TORTURE_OPTIONS="{ { -O0 } }" ; make check-gcc
> $ make TORTURE_OPTIONS="{ { -O0 } }" check-gcc
>
> The environment variable set is ignored and the full list of options is
> applied. What am I doing wrong?  Is this a problem with how I specify it
> to the shell?  This forces me to edit gcc/testsuite/lib/c-torture.exp
> and put my own options in instead of what is there for TORTURE_OPTIONS.

I've tried lots of different ways to get a variable passed through to
the testing tools and haven't yet figured out how to do it.  For the
binary compatibility tests I gave up and had the Makefile write
particular variables to site.exp; ugly, but it did what I needed.  If
there's a better way to do this, I'd like to know about it, too, and
then we can fix the documentation.

> Also, how do I specify
> set_board_info gcc,no_label_values 1;
> on the command line?  At the moment, I have a changed
> gcc/testsuite/config/default.exp where I add this line to the end, and
> this is not right.

Sorry, I don't know anything about this one.

Janis