Re: PROPOSAL: Variation on an Alternate policy for obsoleting targets

Bruce Korb wrote:
> Would it be too much trouble to set an environment variable
> and email in the resulting report file?  (Were it implemented.)
> No expect required.

Will the report be large?  If not, it might be useful to have
it produced by default, for debugging purposes when something
goes awry.
And we could change the instructions how to report a
successful build so that people just have to grab this file
and mail it to a specified address.  Considering how hard it
is for some people to report the output of config.guess (we've
gotten some copies of config.guess instead) it might be safer to
quote a filename of a file that is only generated by a build.

--
SuperH (UK) Ltd.