Re: new register allocator and HARD_REGNO_CALL_PART_CLOBBERED

Hi,

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Michael S.Zick wrote:

> Earlier in this thread the topic was limited to "calls within a compilation
> unit" - "internal calls".  Either to a function explicitly written as such in
> the source or implicit functions, those derived by the "common
> sub-expression" identifiers.
>
> That would be case one - Decision one: Do we attempt to enforce
> ABI requirements on such calls or only require caller/callee
> agreement?

Huh?  You seem to want to discuss when it's possible for a call to clobber
different registers than other calls, i.e. when to apply which calling
convention to which call.  This is not what this thread is about.  Not at
all.  It merely is about the low level representation of those calling
conventions, specifically how to represent "half" clobbers.

Ciao,
Michael.