This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: non-portable construct in gcc configure script
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:45:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: non-portable construct in gcc configure script
- References: <20030515180723.A1418@synopsys.com>
> In the test labeled
> AC_MSG_CHECKING(linker read-only and read-write section mixing)
> gcc/configure.in in 3.3 uses "grep -A1". This feature is not in Solaris's
> grep. It's not in the HP-UX grep either.
> The result is that the configure output looks like
> checking linker read-only and read-write section mixing... grep: illegal
> option -- A grep: illegal option -- 1
> Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . .
> on Solaris 2.8.
I filled PR target/10663 for it.
> The failure appears harmless, but I'm not sure.
I think it is.