Re: What is the relationship between GCC and Cygnus / Red Hat?

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I certainly have no objections to removing it entirely; GCC and in general
> GNU toolchain development hasn't looked even remotely dominated by Cygnus
> or Red Hat to me for a long, long time now.  But if that isn't acceptable
> for whatever reason, an alternate suggestion:

Thanks for the alternate suggestion!

Taking into account the original feedback, and after waiting another week
for further feedback, I applied I my original patch:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-05/msg00894.html

Joe's point that this is in fact not a FAQ certainly helped convince me
that this is indeed the right approach.  If we want to _thank_ specific
companies, that could/should go into gcc/doc/contrib.texi, I'd say.

> Remove these two paragraphs.  I think they come across as alarmist
> (unnecessarily so), since this is no longer a common conception (at least
> as far as I'm concerned).

Absolutely, yes.

Gerald
--