This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Joe Laffey <joe at laffeycomputer dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 21:05:44 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Downloads
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Thu, 15 May 2003, Joe Laffey wrote:
> I run the mirror mirrors.laffeycomputer.com. I notcie that a good number
> of people are too ignorant to read the documentation first, and they
> download ALL the files within the directory of a particular release.
Ouch. Thanks for letting us know!
> I bet you could save yourself and the mirrors (and the users) some
> bandwidth by placing all of the individual files that are included in the
> main tarball (e.g. gcc-3.3.tar.gz) into a subfolder called something like
This is an excellent suggestion, and unless there are strong objection,
I will move all components and diff files into new subdirectories called
"components" and "diffs", respectively, tomorrow morning.
(Mark, what do you think?)
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/