Re: Downloads

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Joe Laffey wrote:
> I run the mirror mirrors.laffeycomputer.com. I notcie that a good number
> of people are too ignorant to read the documentation first, and they
> download ALL the files within the directory of a particular release.

Ouch.  Thanks for letting us know!

> I bet you could save yourself and the mirrors (and the users) some
> bandwidth by placing all of the individual files that are included in the
> main tarball (e.g. gcc-3.3.tar.gz) into a subfolder called something like
> "separate_components".

This is an excellent suggestion, and unless there are strong objection,
I will move all components and diff files into new subdirectories called
"components" and "diffs", respectively, tomorrow morning.

(Mark, what do you think?)

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/