Re: new register allocator and HARD_REGNO_CALL_PART_CLOBBERED

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 05:05 AM, Michael Matz wrote:
On Wed, 14 May 2003, Joern Rennecke wrote:

2) this set can change for each call, i.e. depends on the actual call.

It's not really the call that might be different, but if a different pseudo
is tracked across a different call, you have to consider the mode of that
other pseudo.

Sure sure. I just wanted to know if the set of forbidden regs could possibly also depend on the call in question.

I think some ports have this, for example there are a number of libcalls in HPUX (IIRC) that use nonstandard calling conventions. Don't know how gcc deals with these (or if it does), or whether this can occur in combination with HARD_REGNO_CALL_PART_CLOBBERED.