Re: C++ extension "cast-as-lvalues": time to deprecate?

Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> Are you suggesting just deprecating it just in C++, or also in C?

I don't have any strong opinion. I think that it causes many more problems
in C++ than in C (since many bug reports I saw are related to its
interaction with refecences), but then there would be issues about shared
code and such.

Anyway, my main concern right now is "-ansi". Why is the extension active
even in "-ansi" mode? I think this is a bug that should be fixed as soon as
possible in all the active branches.

Giovanni Bajo