Re: __attribute__((cleanup(function)) versus try/finally

On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 01:46 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:29:50AM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
If table size is a big issue, we can have C default to sjlj EH (lower
cost in non-EH code), and integrate in handling for sjlj exceptions
into the dwarf EH system.

Lets not, please. This is much harder than you realize, and involves a siginificant performance impact to dwarf-only EH.

Ok. I was imagining a scheme that elaborated a failure case (lookup the pc and not find any entries) and just checked the new sp value against sjlh_EH_stack->sp and did the sjlj stack processing if required. Maybe there are other nits that complicate it.