Re: When is stage 1 scheduled to close for 3.4?

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 08:32:29AM +0200, Steven Bosscher wrote:

> Any idea if it's possible to turn off one or two RTL optimizers ;-)?

This is exactly what I meant by "look at performance".  We are
obviously not planning a merge the sake of merging.  The merge
only makes sense if the branch is better than mainline.

At this point, I'm trying to find out what requirements does the
branch need to meet to be accepted.  Our list includes:

- the usual release criteria,
- run time time performance no worse or better than mainline
  (SPEC2k and SPEC95),
- compile time performance better than mainline (bootstraps and
  SPEC),

Gerald added PR 8361 and there may be other requirements. So, if
the list is manageable and the timeline reasonable, we may be
able to include it in 3.4.  But first we need to know when will
stage1 close.

> And wouldn't it be better to merge tree-ssa after the new register
> allocator is finished?

*shrug*, dunno.

Diego.