Re: GCC 3.3

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 07:44, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:

>  > In my judgement, the current set of regressions against 3.3 contain no
>  > show-stoppers.
>
> What about compile-time regressions?

Yes, there are some.  There are some progressions, too.

Some of the ideas I have are too invasive for the release branch; for
example, I want to go another round on the exceptions/inlining
interaction, but that's probably not a 3.3 change.

Fundamentally, I don't think there's much more we can do without just
waiting around hoping someone will fix things.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC