Re: How well does gcc support cross compile?

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 07:07:34PM -0400, Jim Wilson wrote:
> You didn't say how you configured/built the cross compiler.  Did you use
> --with-libs=/foo --with-includes=/bar?  From previous discussions, I
> believe you have your own method of doing cross compiler builds, which
> may or may not work as well as using the --with options.

I doubt it has anything to do with my problem. If you take a look at
configure.in in libstdc++-v3, you can tell it tries to support cross
compile:

if test -n "$with_cross_host" || test x"$build" != x"$host"; then
  case "$target" in
    *-linux*)
fi

Unfortunately, it is far from complete. I don't think the rest of
libraries are any better, with the possible exception of libiberty.

> Your diff is confusing.  It isn't clear whether you did "diff native
> cross" or "diff cross native".

It is "diff cross native".

I wish I were wrong. My impression is libraries in the current gcc
do not support cross compiling to Linux very well.

H.J.