This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Stopping daily bump of version.c on old/closed branches
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 23 Apr 2003 08:41:42 +0200
- Subject: Stopping daily bump of version.c on old/closed branches
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
As I announced earlier, the branch gcc-3_2-branch will be closed
after GCC-3.2.3 is realesed. By that I really mean that we don't have
anything like GCC-3.2.4 floating around. My inclination is to have
the conjob that currently bumps gcc/version.c not touch gcc-3_2-branch.
It appears that (thanks, Gerald) old branches are still being updated.
It might be desirable that we extend non-bumping to those branches as
Gerald suggested I bring the issue here before taking any explicit
action -- stopping version bump on gcc-3_2-branch and, if agreed, also
on old branches. So here I am.