This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: help on left-shift
- From: Michael Hayes <m dot hayes at elec dot canterbury dot ac dot nz>
- To: Ming Ouyang <mouyang at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:17:31 +1200
- Subject: Re: help on left-shift
- References: <email@example.com>
Ming Ouyang writes:
> Hi all,
> Our cpu's new insns will handle logic left-shift and arithmatic left-shift
> in differents way (a<<b, b can be negative).
Could you explain how they are different? Conceptually they generate
the same result. Does both your logical and arithmetic shift
instructions allow negative shift arguments? If so look at c4x.md
as an example of how this can be handled.