Linking cc1 to external libraries

Hi everybody,

I wandered around the doc and the Makefiles, and have found no way to add
additional libraries to link to for cc1. I need the compiler (and only the
compiler) to link to one library that is installed on the system (using -L
and -l options), but at first sight it doesn't seem possible. As a workaround
I've included my library as a part of the backend, but that quite... gruiiik.

I know this is not something really common - but do someone know of a way to
require additional linking when building cc1? That could be useful, and if it
isn't possible yet it wouldn't require much more than an additional Makefile
variable that the backend programmer could override...

Alex.