This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
3.2.3-pre: two successes, one failure (on sparc-sun-solaris2.8)
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:38:23 -0700
- Subject: 3.2.3-pre: two successes, one failure (on sparc-sun-solaris2.8)
I've successfully built the second 3.2.3-pre tarball on ...
1) a Red Hat 7.2 ix86 system (with binutils 2.13.1).
2) an HP-UX 11 system (again with binutils 2.13.1).
But: I got a build failure on sparc-sun-solaris2.8. The compiler itself
bootstrapped successfully, the failure is during the configure step for
libjava. The log ends with
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... (cached) no
loading cache ../config.cache
loading cache ../config.cache within ltconfig
configure: error: libtool tag configuration failed
make: *** [configure-target-libjava] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/jbuck/gcc-3.2.3-pre'
make: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2
This is odd because libtool was created successfully in the libstdc++-v3
directory. I've never seen a failure like this before. The config.log
file doesn't give any clues, it ends with
ltconfig:1871: checking for dlfcn.h
ltconfig:1910: checking whether a program can dlopen itself
ltconfig:1984: checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself