This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Branch created: gcc-3_3-e500-branch
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kumar Gala <kumar dot gala at motorola dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:06:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: Branch created: gcc-3_3-e500-branch
- References: <CD78B7D5-6F9D-11D7-8C8A-000393DBC2E8@motorola.com>
Kumar Gala <kumar dot gala at motorola dot com> writes:
> Why dont you have plans to merge this branch back into 3.3? It would
> seem useful to make sure that the e500 support in 3.3 was correct, and
> a number of Aldy's patches that have been made to the mainline do that.
It is not appropriate to do it now, when we are trying to stabilize
the branch for the 3.3.0 release. It may well be a good thing to do
for 3.3.1, but that decision I leave to the PowerPC port maintainers.
I'm certainly not going to object to a merge.