Re: Target deprecation list

My employer is still using i386-pc-bsdi2.1 (as a target).  I recently
managed to get 3.2.2 (languages c,c++) compiled in this configuration
with some difficulty.

I'd like to make the case to my managers that my time should be
allocated to be a gcc maintainer for this platform, which we will
continue to use and support for at least 18 months (but probably less
than 24).  If redhat moves to 3.3 or 3.4 within this timeframe, we might
follow suit, but otherwise we're likely to remain on the 3.2 branch.

If I could offer my time, and the copyright assignment is not a problem,
would it be accepted?  Is there any reasonable way to gage the amount of
time I'd need to devote, so that my proposal to my manager will be
reasonably accurate on that score?

What about binutils, gdb, libiberty(?) and other independantly maintained
projects that are all required to make gcc work and be useful?

Jeff Epler
jepler at unpythonic dot net