Re: init_priority ... would this work?

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 01:35:00PM -0700, Kean Johnston wrote:
> So this init_priority is only there for one OS? I thought it was
> some kind of generic solution to propper contructor init order.

Well, it was supposed to be.  I don't know that it is
particularly successful or useful.

> If I cant do that for whatever reason,
> is gcc not actually in error, emitting code that is GNU ld
> specific on any non-GNU ld targets (re: gnu.linkonce.* sections)?

No.  The gnu.linkonce.* sections work properly even without
any gnu ld specific help.  Additionally, we'd like to move
away from these and toward the new elf section group support.
See some of the discussion concerning unwind info and switch
tables wrt discarded gnu.linkonce sections.

r~