Re: gcc/gcc ChangeLog cfgrtl.c testsuite/ChangeLog ...

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 04:48:10PM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:

> Zack> I have an emacs write-contents-hook for change logs which
> Zack> canonicalizes the whole file on the new date format.  This was an
> Zack> experiment and if people don't like it I'll stop using it.
>
> 	Please do not change past ChangeLog entries and please correct the
> files you already have changed.  This is not a change that you
> unilaterally should decide.

Perhaps not unilaterally, but I would hope the SC would permit rewriting
the date stamps to be the canonical form.  Demanding a strict format in
changelogs (as the precious GNU coding standards do) is useless if we
don't adhere to it.

This change would allow for far easier parsing of changelogs.

Phil