Re: new unroller vs ppc

Hello,

> > I think the correct solution is to split pre/post modify transformation
> > out of flow.c (relatively easy, I have the patch somewhere), to run it
> > before cse and to cancel this code.
>
> I don't believe that will work; cse is not prepared for
> autoinc operands, iirc.

Then what would you suggest to do? Cse apparently produces suboptimal
code in many cases due to this (I guess most of the increments it
ignores this way are not converted to autoincs anyway). I don't see
other way than to teach cse to cope with autoincs (but I am not brave
enough to attempt to do it).

Zdenek