Where can find information!

Hi,
    I currently create my own CGI in C with GCC on linux for sending my
HTML form mail and i want to find how i can upload or open my client
file on is hard drive like C:\CV.txt for sending binary data with my
email with the use of sendmail program, i currently send my email into
my mail box but i can't access the file i want to open, simply is for
sending the file specified in the form as a attachment into my mail box!

Thank's
begin:vcard
n:Théorêt;Eric
tel;pager:(514) 960-9813