From: Gerald Pfeifer
To: java at gcc dot gnu dot org
Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Sent: 31-3-03 10:46
Subject: Building OpenOffice with GCJ?

RMS asked about the following:

  I've heard that OpenOffice includes Java programs that cannot be
  built with GCJ.  This has the consequence that a free GNU/Linux
  system including OpenOffice is not self-hosting.

Do you know what's the actual situation here?  If the above is indeed
the case, I understood he'd like talking to someone who is interested in
investigating the details of what needs to be done to allow OpenOffice
being built with GCJ.

Gerald