improving testing scheme (was Re: ACATS and GCC testsuite)

Laurent Guerby said:
>That's why I by far prefer to have the testing being done
>after install, and not in build like it is done for GCC
>via DejaGNU now. It looks like I have no chance
>of changing this sad state of affair, but well I
>can still make a separate package for Ada.

A lot of people mentioned the justification "You want to test it before
you install it, don't you?".

However, we would certainly like to make the in-build testing situation
a lot closer to the post-install testing situation by eliminating the
many curious flags which currently need to be passed to the tested
programs.  This is one of the motivations behind Per Bothner's "new
build scheme", which I'm still working on, albeit slowly.

--Nathanael