Microchip Porting... HELP!

Hello all,

I'm a student of Computer Science in Palermo (IT) and I'm conducting a
project for University about GCC porting for Microchip PIC18CXXX
microcontroller.

I've studied all GCC's official documentation (Using and Porting...), Thor
porting and CRIS porting. Now I'm ready to write porting code.

Which architectures I have to study that are similar to PIC to save my time?

Thanks all.
Gabriele Caracausi
Palermo (Italy)