bootstrap w/o compiler chestnut.

Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng writes:

 > Is there a way to get the fixincludes part of the build proces to
 > behave as if ALL the includes need fixing, so that a full set is
 > created for the "destination" compiler?  (I think this would have
 > the advantage that the Free compiler could be built with a non-free
 > compiler, and the result would be distributable. [This may be a
 > spurious point, I find these issues tend to be more subtle than I
 > expect!])

This would require us to copy every header file from the machine with
the dev system installed to the new machine.  This would probably be a
breach of the copyright in the header files.

If you really want to do this, copy the /include tree.  But again, I
can't imaging that doing so would be legal.

The reason they don't include the header files in the standard
distribution is that they want you to buy their development software.

Andrew.