Re: Converting to ISO C89

Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com> writes:

> Falk Hueffner <falk dot hueffner at student dot uni-tuebingen dot de> writes:
>
> > Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com> writes:

> >> It will not.  There is extensive use of identifiers which are C++
> >> keywords, such as 'class' and 'delete'.  I do not think your
> >> suggestion is useful enough to warrant changing all of these
> >> identifiers.
> >
> > Couldn't that be easily worked around with -Dclass=__class or
> > something?
>
> Is this not a cure worse than the disease?

*shrug* I don't feel very strongly about this. It would be nice to
bootstrap gcc with g++ IMHO, because it might uncover bugs like
bootstraping gcc currently does. And identifers named after keywords
just don't seem like a major obstacle there. I'd expect other stuff,
like void* casts and enum conversions.

--
	Falk