Parsing mail to Bugzilla

Dan,
one more thought: when one sends mail to gnats or bugzilla with a subject
of <component>/<number>, can you make sure that the mail is appended to
the right report even if the component does not match that of the report?
The component is changed sometimes, while the number is not, so what used
to be c++/1234 might become optimization/1234, but we would like to get
mail with both strings in the subject line be appended to the right PR. I
don't know whether GNATS does that, but it would be nice if Bugzilla just
checked that <component> is something known, but not verify it against the
component of the particular PR.

If this hasn't been decided: I'm in favor of shutting down gnats,
converting the database, then bringing up bugzilla. There is no value in
the complexities of running them both at the same time and trying to synch
them afterwards.

Thanks
  W.

Wolfgang Bangerth             email:            bangerth at ticam dot utexas dot edu
                              www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth/