Re: On alignment

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:22:13 -0500, "Kevin B. Hendricks" <kevin dot hendricks at sympatico dot ca> wrote:

> If I am not mistaken, a similar approach was used by OpenOffice.org when trying to support
> both gcc 2.9.5X components and gcc 3.X components

Indeed, it looks like they're trying to do the same thing using the same
technique that Andrew was.  Can anyone tell me whether they applied
CPPU_GCC3_ALIGN to any long long or double fields?  Doing so would fail to
achieve the goal of compatibility with 2.95 compilers due to the bug under
discussion.

Perhaps we should add an attribute to suppress the base padding
optimization so that people don't have to jump through these hoops.

Jason