Re: 3.3 compile time regression (22400%)

On 24 Mar 2003, Steven Bosscher wrote:

> Op zo 23-03-2003, om 23:21 schreef Richard Guenther:
> > On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Richard Guenther wrote:
> > This is optimization/10196 now, and I have linked the testcase from POOMA
> > from it
> > (http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~rguenth/DynamicLayout2.cmpl.ii.gz).
> > This is the testcase with the most serious regression in compilation speed
> > from the pooma library (all other files regress, too, but not that much).
> > Its rather large, sorry about that.
> >
> > If you need more information, please tell me.
>
> Richard,
>
> Mark Mitchell has fixed 7086, which is another PR about excessive time
> spent in "expand".  In this PR the slowdown is not nearly as bad as
> yours, so the issues could be unrelated, but maybe you try this once
> more with an updated GCC 3.3 tree?
>
> I tried to download your testcase, but the indicated URL
> "http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~rguenth/DynamicLayout2.ii.gz";
> does not exist.

Whoops - I should not file PRs after midnight ;) The correct URL is
http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~rguenth/DynamicLayout2.cmpl.ii.gz

I'm currently bootstrapping new gcc 3.3 and will report back changes in
time report.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>