Re: 3.3 compile time regression (22400%)

Op zo 23-03-2003, om 23:21 schreef Richard Guenther:
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Richard Guenther wrote:
> This is optimization/10196 now, and I have linked the testcase from POOMA
> from it
> (http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~rguenth/DynamicLayout2.cmpl.ii.gz).
> This is the testcase with the most serious regression in compilation speed
> from the pooma library (all other files regress, too, but not that much).
> Its rather large, sorry about that.
>
> If you need more information, please tell me.

Richard,

Mark Mitchell has fixed 7086, which is another PR about excessive time
spent in "expand".  In this PR the slowdown is not nearly as bad as
yours, so the issues could be unrelated, but maybe you try this once
more with an updated GCC 3.3 tree?

I tried to download your testcase, but the indicated URL
"http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~rguenth/DynamicLayout2.ii.gz";
does not exist.

Greetz
Steven