Re: 3.3 compile time regression (22400%)

> Yikes!  Such behaviour would normally only be expected from fully
> connected CFGs if at all, or CFGs with big tree-width, but normal C++ code
> even if using exceptions doesn't result in a CFG _that_ ugly.  Do you care
> enough to reduce the file a bit (so you have a chance to play with it
> without becoming dust), create a profileable cc1plus and post the
> hotspots?

I'm off on vacation next week, so I don't have much more time for this.
There are a couple more issues that I want to look at before I go, so
any such analysis on my part will have to wait.  The file is attached
to PR10062 and according to Albert the problem is present on all ports
to one degree or another.  For some reason, the problem seems worst
on the PA.

> Which GCC version btw.  Also 3.3?

Yes.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave dot anglin at nrc-cnrc dot gc dot ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)