Re: Make includes (was Re: Time to update documenatiopn regarding supported make implementations?)

Tom> This is a small change for the user since if you want to use a
Tom> different make you need to tell configure about it.

DJ> Ick.

DJ> IMHO it would be better to just not rely on includes.  We've always
DJ> worked around them before.

It's not so bad.  Most people seem to just use `make'.
I don't think this has been a significant source of bug reports, which
is the usual way we find out that a change has been a bad idea.

And the benefit is that you rarely need to maintain any explicit
dependencies.

Tom