[Fwd: CVS Problems and Compile Errors]

-------- Original Message --------
From: "William G. Lea" <wglea1 at swbell dot net>
Subject: CVS Problems and Compile Errors
To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org

I'm having a couple of problems building the 3.2.2 release.

My first problem is with CVS. I can't seem to get it to run to a clean
ending.  Sometimes it just hangs, sometimes it reports an internal
error. And most recently it stops with a:

"waiting for anoncvs's lock in /cvsroot/gcc/gcc/gcc/config/d30v" which
repeats every thirty seconds until I shut it off or the program stalls
completely.  This has been consistent for two days.  It's almost as if
someone has locked the repository (d30v) and forgotten about it.  Is
that possible?

I went ahead and tried to build the system anyway but I get an error in
the second phase of the bootstrap process.  The file lex.c gives an
error in a function call.

line 449: cxx_init
          too many arguments to function 'c_common_init'
          incompatible types in assignment

Has anyone encountered these errors? What can I do about them?

Thanks

I sent the above to the help list and got the following response: