Re: GCC review process: how to handle external submissions

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> - eliminate the gcc-gnats mailing list (keep around the archives)

gcc-gnats is not a mailing list, it is the address on which GNATS receives
and files new bug reports, follow-ups and spam.  With Bugzilla it will
have a converter to receive gccbug format input and PR follow-ups and file
them in Bugzilla (but not, I hope, continue to file spam as "pending" bug
reports).

gcc-prs is the mailing list that ought to be eliminated.

> - send all new entries and followups entered in Bugzilla to gcc-bugs

Yes.  Ideally (to avoid lots of duplication of messages on gcc-bugs), the
messages should have the Bugzilla address for receiving follow-ups and
filing them in their headers, but should not mention gcc-bugs in their
headers (and gcc-bugs's spam protection should be set up to understand
this).  But duplication is better than the follow-ups being hidden (at
present, if someone doesn't CC their follow-up to gcc-bugs, but only sends
it to gcc-gnats, it only appears on gcc-prs, which few read).

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk