Re: Putting C++ code into gcc front end

Pop S?bastian wrote:-

> On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 05:53:42PM -0800, Per Bothner wrote:
> > Personally, I'd love to re-write all of Gcc in C++,
> > starting with using inheritance for tree nodes, so
> > we can actually get some static type-checking.

Really, why does everything have to be shoehorned into being a tree?
Decls, expressions, scopes / symbol tables, statements etc should
all be their own data type.  We can get perfectly good type checking
in C if we don't insist the universe is made up of trees.

cpplib hasn't made everything a tree.  There's no reason for everything
to be a tree in the front ends either.

Neil.