Re: Putting C++ code into gcc front end

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Per Bothner wrote:

> Personally, I'd love to re-write all of Gcc in C++,
> starting with using inheritance for tree nodes, so
> we can actually get some static type-checking.

You don't need C++ to get some static type checking; in general,
declarations, expressions, types and identifiers could have their own
static types, since most of the code expects just one of these.  (I doubt
the benefit of the common generic "tree" type that covers all of these.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk