Re: Putting C++ code into gcc front end

You can also lookat the speed of mozilla, people are using other browsers because it's SLOW , I'd hate to see gcc slow to a crawl :-(

/ Lars Segerlund.

tm_gccmail at mail dot kloo dot net wrote:
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Robert Dewar wrote:

..snip...

I personally think having parts of GCC written in C++ is a bad idea, as it forces people to know Yet Another Language in addition to C, shell scripts, sed, makefiles, etc.

However, if this happens, you might consider looking at Mozilla's
C++ coding guidelines - they have experience with compiling with
many different C++ compilers on many different platforms.

Here's the URL:

http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/portable-cpp.html

Toshi