Re: Putting C++ code into gcc front end

> I think the only really controversial question would be whether to allow
> partial specialization of templates. Everything else is a clear yes or a
> clear no.

Please, let's stay on topic. Tom has requested, and has a valid need for:

1) full C++ class semantics, including construction/destruction
2) exception handling

I don't think it's necessary to debate that these requests are
reasonable, nor do I think it is necessary to define at this moment what
is acceptable use, now or in the future: that's for maintainers in the
future to deal with. These kind of limitations are precisely what has
put this whole question on the table.

-benjamin

ps. thanks mark for letting the rest of us know that the SC is
contemplating this issue. I propose "oracle at gcc dot gnu dot org" for the rest of
us to ask the SC questions.