Re: Is the loop pass allowed to introduce new call insns?

> Q.  Why did the expander create a call to __muldi3 -- shouldn't it
> have used xmpyu?  Not that it would solve the underlying problem, but
> it seems odd to not use xmpyu in this case.

xmpyu was not used because the option -mdisable-fpregs was used,
disabling the pattern.  The test code is from a parisc-linux
kernel build.  Whether it is this is the best choice on a PA 2
machine, I'm not sure.

I think the call patterns can be modified to handle this situation
provided the call doesn't need more argument space than has been
allocated.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave dot anglin at nrc-cnrc dot gc dot ca