are there outstanding patches on the compiler side for gdbnamespace work?

David,

I'm interested in your namespace work for gdb, outlined here:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2003-02/msg00325.html

I'm curious by things like:

One issue that impacts this is that no released version of GCC generates
debugging information related to namespaces.  This means that we have to
be prepared to deduce namespace information from other sources (e.g.
mangled names) if we don't have as much debugging information as we'd
like.  Fortunately, most key uses of namespaces leave enough footprints
around that we can get away with this pretty well; it's not perfect,
though.  I've been testing my work both on a released version of GCC
(usually 3.1) and on a version that has been modified to output some
namespace info (though not as much as I'd like).  I believe that GCC 3.3
will include some namespace debugging info and GCC 3.4 will include
more; I might be wrong about that.

What needs to happen compiler-side for g++ to give gdb the proper info?

-benjamin