Re: gcc3.3 30% speedup in the past 2 weeks (MICO compilation)

 > From: Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity dot com>
 >
 > Hello,
 >
 > I've just been able to bootstrap gcc-3_3-branch with latest memory
 > handling patches by Kaveh R. Ghazi and give it a try on my reference MICO
 > source tree. The results are very good! :-)
 >
 > JFYI: Before two weeks, I thought that I'll skip 3.3 release, because it's
 > slower than 3.2.2 and doesn't bring anything new (much usefull for us).
 > Now I'm looking forward to seeing it, since it's faster. (at least for our
 > purposes)
 >
 > Thanks to all and especially to Kaveh R. Ghazi!
 >
 > Karel
 > PS: Seeing these results, I think that it might be interesting to see
 > gcc3.4 times with Kaveh R. Ghazi's patches (I hope they are already
 > applied). I'll test it on Monday...

<blush> Thanks, it's very gratifying to know the patch had a positive
impact.  You're seeing even more of an improvement that I did on
Gerald's testcase.  That's great.  I'm interested to see reports from
other very large (c++) packages.

The same code is also in 3.4, so you should see similar improvements
there.

BTW, (I may have missed it) what's your OS, how much memory does your
system have and does physmem.c report it accurately?

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu