Re: bug handling guidelines?

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Ben Elliston wrote:
> I wonder if this document:
>
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html
>
> could do with some additional information about how the GCC project
> handles bugs in their later stages of life?

http://gcc.gnu.org/gnatswrite.html has a bit of information, though
not everything you mentino.

> In addition, is there a policy about if/when old, unconfirmed feedback
> PRs will be closed?  If so, that should be described as well.

That on the gnatswrite.html page.

Now, if somebody volunteers to take the "managing bugs" part of bugs.html
and the "Maintainer's view of fileds" and "Procedures and Policies" from
gnatswrite.html and put both in a new page bugs/tracking.html or
bugs/management.html (or similiar), that seems like a good idea.

(gnatswrite.html then would be quite small and could be merged into the
end of gnats.html; once we switch to Bugzilla most of that will have to
go, and most of the new page can be kept as is.)

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/