concatenation of strings in #include directive.

Hi,
	The preprocessor of veteran egcs 1.1 would
	concatenate the strings appearing in the
	#include directive to make a single string
	e.g.
	#include "/foo/" "bar/" "my.h"
	would be converted to
	#include "/foo/bar/my.h"
		or
	#define BAR "bar/"
	#include "/foo/" BAR "my.h"
	would be converted to
	#include "/foo/bar/my.h"

	The newer version of GCC does not seems to support
	this. I have checked it till 2.96 20000731.
	I'm particularly interested in this feature because
	as I'm migrating my development environment
	from egcs to GCC 3.2 released, I see a lot of
	dependencies of our applications on this feature.

	I searched but could not find any reference to
	this feature on the list. I request you to please
	help me in locating the discussion or reason of
	deprecating this feature.

	It seems that glue_header_name(cpplib.c) does
	something similar for the names enclosed in < >.
	Please let me know if anybody has tried adding the
	functionality to enable concatenation of "" enclosed
	strings too.

Thanks and Regards,
Nitin