This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: successful build gcc-3.2.2 solaris x86
- From: Piotr Kasztelowicz <pekasz at lodz dot ptkardio dot pl>
- To: Robert Hoffmann <bobx at servermasters dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <steve at smc dot vnet dot net>
- Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:37:08 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: successful build gcc-3.2.2 solaris x86
On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Robert Hoffmann wrote:
> I just finished building gcc-3.2.2 on a Solaris 8 x86 box. I noticed
> that sunfreeware only copied 3.2.1 over, to 3.2.2, so I decided to make
> it myself.
nice, but a some software don't compile properly on solaris under
gcc 3.2.x or compile but not work properly - for instance reformime,
which is a part of maildrop software. So, I must in this case replace
this software with compiled on gcc 2.95.3 and this do it working.
This is also great question to answer if I should compile new gcc on
Solaris or leave 2.95.3. This second way remains be still better
Piotr Kasztelowicz Piotr.Kasztelowicz@lodz.ptkardio.pl