dynamic/shared libraries for darwin?

Hi,

is anybody working on dynamic libraries for darwin? (c, c++ ....)
I see in newer libtool.m4 some support for shared/dynamic liraries. But afaik this only works with more recent autoconf than we use in gcc.

Is this the only part which is missing ? Or, I guess, there must be some more hurdles? (code must also be shared library capable/clean?)

I wanted to try some dynamic libraries for libffi, but then I have to replace at least the libtool.m4 in the gcc top dir. And this may screw up things up to non usability. I could try, but I'd like to hear some opinions on this.

Do apple people plan such dylibs on gcc level? Or is this a future future wish list item?

Thanks for any hint.

Andreas