GCC Compile-Time Regressions

Just for completeness, I thought I'd share my measurements for release branches other than 3.3.x.

Currently, there is some controversy as to whether 3.4/TOT is actually slower than 3.3. My measurements
consistently confirm this thesis, although some folks apparently found the reverse to be true. A suggestion
has been made (on this list, I believe) that 3.4 may be slower on small files but faster on big ones. So,
is my test case considered small or large? The structparser.cpp file itself is indeed very small, but it
pulls in a lot of Qt and STL gunk via #include and balloons up to 1 Mb, which I would no longer consider
small. So, if someone (other than me) could do some systematic 3.3-vs-3.4 measurements and post the results
here, that would be great.

--Zem

TIFF image

Ziemowit Laski                 1 Infinite Loop, MS 301-2K
Mac OS X Compiler Group        Cupertino, CA USA  95014-2083
Apple Computer, Inc.           +1.408.974.6229  Fax .5477