This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC 3.2.2 successful build: alphaev6-dec-osf4.0f
- From: Jonathan Lennox <lennox at cs dot columbia dot edu>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:24:44 -0500
- Subject: GCC 3.2.2 successful build: alphaev6-dec-osf4.0f
I've just successfully installed GCC 3.2.2.
Output of ../gcc-3.2.2/config.guess:
Output of gcc -v:
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/alphaev6-dec-osf4.0f/3.2.2/specs
Configured with: /usr/users/lennox/Ftp/gcc-3.2.2/configure --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.2.2
Configured with default set of languages (C, C++, ObjC, F77, Java)
Test results sent to gcc-testresults.
Notes on the process:
* I had to upgrade my installed GNU make to version 3.80 for the build to
work; 3.78 failed in libstdc++'s check-abi routine, I think because of a
variable substitution pattern which wasn't present in the older version.
* I also had a lot of trouble with the Tru64 ld bus erroring in creating
libjava.so, which I discovered was because the disk had filled up. (It
apparently doesn't deal well with this.)
* Tru64 ar has an annoying habit of warning about multiply-defined symbols
in libraries, of which there are a lot in libstdc++. This is ignorable,
lennox at cs dot columbia dot edu