Re: Altivec + 16 byte alignment

Richard Kenner wrote:-

>     The C parser I'm working on won't use it to lay out types, since I don't
>     use trees.  I'll have to ensure that what stor-layout.c does (during
>     lowering) is the same as what I've done.  At least in an initial
>     implementation.
>
> I think that's a *very* bad idea: as you say, what stor-layout.c does is
> very complex.  There will be a significant amount of work to keep some other
> code in sync with it.

You may well be right.  As a first shot, though, just to getting
something that works, it's going to be simplest.  I'm not doing any GNU
extensions, so a lot of the complexity with attributes etc. is avoided.
And I don't have all the C++ issues.  Later I'll probably get the info
from stor-layout.c.

Neil.