Re: Altivec + 16 byte alignment

On Tuesday, Feb 11, 2003, at 14:06 America/New_York, Richard Kenner wrote:
My question is this: suppose a user says "I need this variable or type
aligned to an N bit boundary".  How can you tell, as a function of N,
whether you can do that or not?
I think it would be very useful if the answer would always be yes.
Then, in cases where GCC cannot guarantee proper alignment, extra
code should be generated to properly align the stack frame.

  -Geert